1.9K views

I purchased a 2002 Chevy Blazer in 2002 through WFS Financial. In October of 2004 I refinanced the vehicle through US Bank.

Later in 2005 the loan with US Bank was paid off. Never recieved a title. Life was busy though with health issues and obtaining the title was not a priority. Here we are in 2012.

Needed a new car so I turned in the Blazer for a new Honda. Dealer asked if I had the title, I said yes (thinking I had it tucked away somewhere). Turns out I had the title for another Chevy we owned not the Blazer-my bad. Now trying to track down the title, I go back to DMV who states WFS still has a lien and DMV can not release a copy of the title to me.

I call WFS and state the loan has been paid, please release the lien. WFS says, no I can not request the release, US Bank has to request WFS to release it since US Bank paid the loan. I call US Bank and they say that they can only release thier own liens...duh. I say I'm not asking you to release your own lien but put in a request to WFS to get the matter resolved.

They refuse to contact 3rd party and only agree to communicate with me directly. Called back WFS and advise them what US Bank said. Several phone calls later between the two financial institutions, WFS says all US Bank has to do is give them a call and they will take care of this and US Bank refuses. I'm a consumer stuck in the middle with two banks refusing to talk to each other and now I'm facing loosing my new car for something no one wants to take responsibility for!!!

I JUST WANT WFS TO RELEASE MY LIEN ON THE TITLE SO THE DEALER WILL GET OFF MY BACK. IT'S NOT SOMETHING I CAN FIX. HELP! DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

It's clasic dog chasing cat chasing mouse and the cat says to the mouse, make the dog stop chasing me.

How do I make the two financial institutions talk and reslove the issue that is affecting me? FRUSTRATED!!!

Comments

WOW ! That's proof WF will hire anyone, no common sense necessary! This is one reason why they are so inefficient, another reason to NEVER do any business with WF!!

longbeachjoe4u
San Bernardino, California, United States #1332081

I need lien release from wfs too. I need physical address near San Bernardino or LA , Ca. I need phone number.

Arlee, Montana, United States #1310605

Have been trying to get a lien release on my son truck, he has very limited cell service, so I called, but they will only talk to him, even though the truck is in his name only, I can't sell it , he lives in another city. It has been paid off for years.

Seaside, California, United States #1295877

I had a similar problem and contacted WFS and this is the answer they gave me. The car was registered in my husband's name and he passed away and I didn't have any paperwork that stated I was in charge of the "estate" because there was no estate.

They informed me to write a letter explaining the details and include all of the information on the car such as VIN number and send everything certified mail to them requesting a receipt.

If I don't hear back within 30 days to then take everything to the DMV and they will issue me my pink slip so I can sell the car. I hope this is helpful to you.

#1120570

What do you think would happened if all of the clients that were financed through WFS would start a class action suit? What they get off our ***, whould they start releasing leans.

I received a letter from WFS for a vehicle that was purchased in 1999 that was a lemon and repoed.

I received a letter 17 years later that is dated

February 18,2016 saying, "your first payment must be received NO LATER then 3-11-16." These people are CRAZY!!!!! I can only imagine the turn around in employees...

US Bank would have the loan now, they would have to release it.

I think that I may be in the same situation, I too need to get the lien release from WFS which was from 2001 for a Chevy truck. We now need to turn in this truck for a new vehicle.

My husband went to the MVD and they state that WFS never sent a lien release in, yet I don't have full coverage with my insurance so...if I still had a lien I would have to have full coverage. What or where should I go to with this, is there a phone number or any info would be appreciated.